Your browser (Internet Explorer 7 or lower) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how to update your browser.

X

Myddfai Community Council Minutes 13th May 2014 meeting

A meeting of Myddfai Community Council was held on 13th May 2014 in Myddfai Hall

Present: Cllr’s Hywel Lewis, John Morgan, Carol Dyer, Garient Powell,

CC Andrew James, John Griffith Gareth Hughes and Garient Davies

Chairperson: Cllr John Morgan

Minutes of the last meeting read, found to be true and signed.

Matters Arising: Superfast Internet – Clerk had difficulty in finding information. CC Andrew James advised the meeting that a representative from BT had said in a previous meeting that 96% would have superfast by 2016. A letter to MP Jonathan Edwards and AM Glyn Thomas

Correspondence:  Welsh Gov – Governance in small public bodies filed does not apply to Myddfai

CCC Liaison Forum Filed

Code of conduct Clerk attended last meeting.

New hospice Tŷ Cymorth has open day 17th May

BBNP Planning Obligation Strategy can be viewed on line

Planning: CCC E/30002 Land at Rock farm Discharge of section 106 agreement information only

BBNP 14/10770/LBC Beili Glas cottage Demolition of extension, construct 2 storey extention with saddle roof and attached lean to and internal alterations/renovation work

Planning inspectorate, Llwynwormwood Footpath 54/13 Trallwn  to Llwynywormwood Park path diversion – statement of case read

Finances: Menter Bro Dinfwr letter signed concerning grant

Clerks expenses Clerk explained that there has been an increase in postage, phone charges, internet. Councillors agreed and expenses increased. Clerks 1st expenses for 2014 were paid

Radio Beca – certificate received for payment

Annual Audit- clerk explained a problem councillors agreed for clerk to meet with Mr Llewellyn (Accountant) to conclude audit

A.O.B : Sympathy card sent to Mrs Foot and family on the death of Mr Peter Foot

CC Andrew James to look into condition of Myddfai Road and a Style on footpath at Gorllwyn Fach

Meeting Closed

Next meeting 2nd June 2014

 

Minutes by Clerk- Sandra Beard

Myddfai Communuty Council Meeting minutes 7th April 2014

A meeting of Myddfai Community Council was held on 7th April 2014 in Myddfai Hall.

 Present: Cllr’s Hywel Lewis, John Morgan, Carol Dyer, Garient Powell,

CC Andrew James,John Griffith Gareth Hughes and Garient Davies

 Chairperson: Cllr Hwyel Lewis

 Minutes of the last meeting read, found to be true and signed.

 Matters Arising: CC Andrew James reported that he had had a meeting with The Williams family and members of BBNP planning department The family were advised on how to proceed.

 Bailey Rhyn’s Gate ongoing

           Rhydlid Bridge- Letter received that explained what CC James had been told      

Correspondence:  Welsh Byelaws questionnaire completed

          Radio Beca – radio station that serves 3 counties. There is a membership of £100, members agreed cheque signed

          Awel Aman Tawe Solar PV information displayed in hall.

          Mid Wales Fire & Rescure for information only

          CCC Clean up Campaign no interest

                   Biodiversity to be filed

                   Application for safer routes does not apply

 Planning: CCC Llwynwormwood Footpath 54/13. Planning inspectorate, letter written stating that in May 13th 2013 the community council had no objection

Cefn Cilgwyn E/29865 remove remains of a wall and replace with a fence on the top, Retrospective, no objection. 

Cefn Cilgwyn E/29897 Application to change land to use as farm yard and Agricultural contracting storage. Retrospective. As there have been no notified problems it was then seen as no objection.

2 Bromeddygon Cilgwyn E/29876 Partial removal of cupres hedge to enable vehicle access from highway.

BBNP  Tafarn Newydd Farm 13/10121/FUL permission Granted

Tŷ Talcan 14/10569 FUL Erection of permanent store to replace container.  No Objection

Finances:  OVW membership £47 cheque signed to replace previous cheque as wrong amount inserted.

Morgan & Morgan computer needs protection update £19.99 cheque signed

 A.O.B : Cllr John Griffith request enquires concerning ‘super fast internet’

 Meeting Closed

                                                            Next meeting 13th May 2014

(Minutes by Clerk-  Sandra Beard)

Myddfai Community Council minutes 3rd February 2014

A meeting of Myddfai Community Council was held on 3rd February 2014 in  Myddfai Hall.

Present: Cllr’s Hywel Lewis, John Morgan, Carol Dyer, Garient Powell,

CC Andrew James, John Griffith Gareth Hughes.

Apologies: Garient Davies.

Chairperson: Cllr Hwyel Lewis

Before the Council meeting there was a meeting with Mr Morgan & Ms Nettleton from BBNP Planning, also present was Mrs M Barlow and Members of the Williams Family, both have properties in the village that have difficulty with planning consent.

Mr Morgan explained about planning applications and the surgery that is held to discuss new planning applications before they are submitted.

Ms Nettleton also mentioned the guidelines of LDP.

CC James to arrange a meeting, with all parties and a senior planning officer to discuss options, that are available so the planning on the two properties can be taken forward.

Cllr Lewis thanked Mr Morgan and Ms Nettleton the meeting continued.

The Councillors and the property owners thought that the meeting with BBNP planning was well worth holding. A letter of thanks, to be sent.

Minutes of the last meeting read, found to be true and signed.

Matters Arising:  CC Andrew James reported All Waste Services owner to have another meeting with CCC? To have a year’s contract.

Transport Forum – change to bus operations

Bridge over Sawdde in Llangadog work has been completed

Level Crossing in Llangadog in operation

Bailey Rhyn’s Gate ongoing

Correspondence: OVW Annual meeting no-one to attend

Welsh Ass Byelaws to be presented next meeting

Natural Resources Wales – for information only.

 

Finances: ICT Grant reminder- as web page that we have on the Myddfai website works it is to be continued

OVW membership £47 cheque signed

Bank statements presented

A.O.B :The Bridge near Rhyblid has a weight restriction of 3 tons CC James to look into the issue

Meeting Closed

Next meeting 7th April 2014

Myddfai Community Council Minutes of February 2014 meeting

A meeting of Myddfai Community Council was held on 3rd February 2014 in Myddfai Hall.

Present: Cllr’s Hywel Lewis, John Morgan, Carol Dyer, Garient Powell,

CC Andrew James, John Griffith.

Apologies: Gareth Hughes and Garient Davies.

Chairperson: Cllr Hwyel Lewis

Before the meeting started PC Howie Davies and PCSO Dion Parsons addressed the councillors- there has been no problems reported in the Myddfai area over the past few weeks, but within the wider area diesel and heating oil have been stolen. The police have taken issue with motorists that park at the junction of the High street and Crown Bridge this is to improve vision for motorists, it is hoped to improve turning by larger vehicles.

Cllr Lewis thanked the officer and the meeting continued

Minutes of the last meeting read, found to be true and signed.

Matters Arising:  CC Andrew James me with CCC Stuart Quick concerning the potholes and drainage Mr Quick explained that some work had been done but drainage will be a larger job so the next financial year is the earliest it could be started. Clerk to keep on file and remind in April

Bailey Rhyn’s Gate – CCC have written to properties in area to confirm ownership.

CC James also reported that all Waste Services is ongoing and the owner and CCC meet on Thursday 6th with view to continued assistance.

The Open Meeting that was held in Llangadog Hall last month was a success.

BBNP the meeting to be held in Tŷ Talcan next month with planning officers has been confirmed and the planning officers would like a breakdown of what needs to be discussed.

Bailyglas Cottage owners Williams Family

Rock House Mr & Mrs Barlow

Both properties wanted rear extensions Bailyglas required a small window to be moved. Both owners, to be invited, to the meeting letter to BBNP to be sent.

Correspondence: CCC Public Transport CC James will attend and report to Council

Asset Transfer  – to be filed

OVW The Voice

TV programme survey concerning Burial Plots, as council do not own any area – but there are 3 Chapels and the Parish Church in the area

Finances:  Bank statements presented

CCC pathway lighting £117.69 cheque signed

Donations: All the following were proposed and seconded

Ecumanical Service Commemoration on 4th August

100 yr of WW1 outbreak                              – £100

Cruse Bereavement                                       – £20

Urdd                                                             – £100

Talking Books                                               - £20

Marie Curie                                                   - £20

S.Wales Multiple Sclerosis                           – £20

League of Friends Llandovery Hospital       – £100   xray fund

Bobath Therapy                                              - £20

A.O.B CC James will be attending the following meetings and will report to council

BBNP – NPA 7.2.14

CCC   -  Footpaths in Llangadog Hall 11.2.14

 

 

 

Meeting Closed

Next meeting 3rd March 2014

Myddfai Community Council- January 2014 meeting

A meeting of Myddfai Community Council was held on 6th January 2014 in            Myddfai Hall

Present: Cllr’s Hywel Lewis, John Morgan, Carol Dyer, Garient Powell,

CC Andrew James, John Griffith, Gareth Hughes and Garient Davies.

 Chairperson: Cllr Hwyel Lewis

Before the meeting started PCSO Dion Parsons addressed the councillors- there has been no problems reported in the Myddfai area over the past few weeks.

Cllr Lewis thanked the officer and the meeting continued

Minutes of the last meeting read, found to be true and signed.

Matters Arising: The Clerk reported that enquires had been made concerning C.C.C. reporting to CC Andrew James that certain work had been completed. It has been confirmed that this work has not: potholes being filled and drainage problems still flood outside properties.

CC James will look into the problems. The Clerk also has had no reply from Mr Cresi’s dept. about Bailey Rhyn’s Gate – 2 letters have been written CC James will make enquires.

Mobile Phones: reply from Edwina Hart A.M. – Ofcom response has been received to be kept on file.

Mr Cook BBNP has contacted the clerk concerning the letter sent last month and has requested a meeting with the council and the head of Planning, councillors in agreement and clerk to arrange the meeting for March

CC Andrew James also informed the council that CCC LDP is being held in Llangadog on 7th April all day 9am to 5pm.

Correspondence: Carmarthen Environment Partnership – feedback from 19th Nov 13 meeting to be filed.

OVW. –No-one to apply to go to Buckingham Palace

Training Programme, problem that no venue is local to Myddfai

Finances:  Precept £850 banked

Precept for 14/15 discussed, to be kept the same as the amount is acceptable.

Bank statements presented

A.O.B: Recycling in Llangadog – CCC is to withdraw funding and therefore the company All Waste Services could be closed at the beginning of the next financial year. CC James explained the situation in full and the councillors have requested a letter to Kevin Madge at CCC explaining how strongly Myddfai Community Council disapproves of the decision.

Freedom to Roam Act – this is an issue that will need to be addressed at a later date

Meeting Closed

Next meeting 3rd February 2014

Myddfai Community Council- December 2013 meeting

A meeting of Myddfai Community Council was held on 2nd December 2013 in Myddfai Hall

Present: Cllr’s Hywel Lewis, John Morgan, Carol Dyer, Garient Powell,

Apologies: CC Andrew James, John Griffith, Gareth Hughes and Garient Davies.

Chairperson: Cllr Hwyel Lewis

Minutes of the last meeting read, found to be true and signed.

Matters Arising: Mobile Phones J Edwards MP, contacted and a letter received- he is contacting Edwina Hart AM and awaiting her reply.

CC Andrew James reported –

  • The Giveway sign that was requested at Tŷ Talcan car park entrance CCC state one could be erected by Hall committee but must not obstruct view.
  • Pot Hles on the back roads to the east of Myddfai have been filled an improvement plan for these roads for 2014 Enquires if the job has been completed
  • Over Hanging Tree’s CCC contacted Boundary Commission concerning ownership of land on which trees are the problem and owners have been notified to cut the trees
  • Drainage issues in area have been resolved

CCC Bailey Rhys Gate no reply to 2nd letter

Correspondence: CCC County Liaison Forum no one to attend

Regional Tech Statement does not concern Myddfai but for reference

LDP meeting in Llanelli no-one able to attend

BBNP LDP Inspectors Report can be viewed on line

Scrutiny Review There will be an area to assess Authority is conserving and enhancing its Archaeological Heritage can be viewed on website

Dyfed Powys Police Mr Salmon Commissionaire request to understand what the public wish to pay for policing

Boundary Commission review into county electoral arrangements

Welsh Gov proposed revocation and remaking of accounts and audit  

Planning: C.C.C. – Reinforcement work Electricity E/28953 Granted

B.B.N.P – 13/10101/CL to keep installed the existing high voltage circuit – No objection

13/10121/FUL Tafen Newydd Farm change of use convert area formally used for agri to boiler/utility room to lounge with 1st floor ensuite bedroom

No Objection

Finances:  Bank statements presented

 A.O.B.:  CCC Mr Bevan Cilgywn The shed that has been requested to be removed has been started to be dismantled

Cllrs. Hywel Lewis and John Griffith attended the Liaison meeting in Myddfai 20th November BBNP planning were asked about properties in Myddfai that have had planning refusal. No clear answer was given a  letter to Mr Cook for the planning office to be written to promote a response on our problems

Meeting Closed

Next meeting 6th January 2014

Myddfai Community Council- November 2013 meeting

A meeting of Myddfai Community Council was held on 4th November 2013 in Myddfai Hall

Present: Cllr’s Hywel Lewis, John Griffith, John Morgan, Carol Dyer, Garient Powell, Gareth Hughes and Garient Davies.

Apologies: CC Andrew James

 Chairperson: Cllr Hwyel Lewis

Minutes of the last meeting read, found to be true and signed.

Matters Arising: Letters from Mobile Phone Companies asking why the signal strength has changed, as the reply has been negative Cllrs request our C.Councillor, A.M. to be contacted

Correspondence: C.C.C.   LDP – file

Polling Districts – letter to state there are no problems with Tỹ Talcan.

Code of Conduct – file

Environment Partnership – file

Fire and Rescue – file

Independent Remunerations Panel – file

W.A. Designated Persons Order – file

 Planning: C.C.C. – Reinforcement work Electricity E/28953 No Objection

B.B.N.P -  Tỹ Talcan 13/09762/Ful  Granted

Cwm Clyd 13/0988/ Ful  Granted

Half Acre Field  Retrospective application for an Agricultural Barn 13/10071/Ful. Councillors discussed this application and decided that it does not seem to be a viable agricultural building.

Finances:  Big Lottery – End of Grant report confirmed

BDO – Price of Audit increase

Carmarthenshire Eisteddfod – report read

Local Clerks Renewal to be paid  £75

Clerks expenses £350 cheque paid (2nd payment of 2013)

British Legion wreath £17.50 

A.O.B.:  Baily Rhyn Gate – C.C.C. to be contacted again

Clerk to speak to CC Andrew James concerning his meeting with CCC.

Meeting Closed

Next meeting 2nd December 2013

Myddfai Community Council- Sept 2013 meeting

A meeting of Myddfai Community Council was held on 2nd September 2013 in Myddfai Hall

 

Present: Cllr’s Hwyel Lewis, John Griffith, John Morgan, Gareth Hughes, Garient Powell and CC Andrew James.

Apologies: Cllr’s Garient Davies and Carol Dyer

Chairperson: Hwyel Lewis

Minuets of last meeting were read, found to be true , signed

Maters Arising:

CC James reported that a few sites for the donated trees had been put forward.

Correspondence:

OVW – Training Programme no module’s close at hand.

BBNP – Planning survey to be filed

Fire and Rescue – to be filed

SWWITCH – Network strategy does not apply

Planning:

CCC – Green Grove E/280988/FUL Refused

BBNP – Tỹ Talcen out of date but there would be no objection

Cwm Clyd 13/09881/FUL no objection

Finances:

BDO – No concerns with Audit invoice to be paid £72

Zurich Insurance – payment of £234.98 cheque signed

Precept – received

Clerk read statements from bank

AOB:

CC James has meeting with CCC and will request a Give Way sign at the Exit of Tỹ Talcen car park

Clerk asked to contact all Mobile Phone companies, Orange/O2, Vodaphone as many businesses are experiencing problems with no signal

Meeting Closed

Next Meeting 7th October 2013  Forwarded 4th November 2013

 

Myddfai Communty Council Minutes for 1st July 2013

A meeting of Myddfai Community Council was held on 1st July 2013 in   Myddfai Community Hall.

Present: Cllr’s Hwyel Lewis, John Morgan Carol Dyer, Gareth Hughes &    CCC Andrew James

Apologies: Cllr’s John Griffith &Garient  Powell

Minuets: From May 13th were read found to be true and signed

 

Matters Arising:

There have been no replies to letter written to CCC

Carmarthenshire Eisteddfod, CC James declared an interest as he is Chairman.

It has been arranged that every ward will pay £3000. Many communities are arranging different fundraising events. The money that is paid by councils can be claimed in the Precept.

It is proposed that Myddfai donate £250 now and then again later this was seconded.

 

Correspondence:

CCC -  Environment Partnership Grant Funding, does not apply to Myddfai

Resource Scrutiny Task, completed

BBNP  – LDP to be filed

Welsh Government Commission on Public Services – Questionnaire completed

Rural Observatory – to be posted as questions completed

 

Planning:

CCC -  E/27498 Cilgwyn, Inspectorate Dismissed Appeal – Building to be demolished and removed.

 

Finance:

Zurich Insurance – to continue

OVW AGM – no-one to attend

Welsh National Memorial Flanders – £50 to be donated

Mr Walker requested £200 for Church upkeep, agreed

BDO Audit- Clerk explained that there were no problems and section 3 completed

Mr Llewellyn Invoice – internal audit to be paid £145

Bank accounts presented

 

AOB:

CC James has received a query about a tree donation and would like people to suggest areas to plant.

 

Meeting Closed Next Meeting September 2rd 2013